Vision3 Home Processing (ECNII as C41)

<p>Hi! Apologies if there is some iteration of this thread.<br>

I'm thinking of buying 'short ends' since you can get great value on them. How do they look when processed in C41? Is dye stability and issue, and can the film be pushed?<br /><br />I'm familiar with remjet, having done Kodachrome a few times. For Koda I would pre-wet it and use 'agitation' and drain until the water is clear. After fixing I would use a scourer (soft side!) to get rid of remaining remjet. <br />I read something about using mild vinegar solution (I think that's what it was) as pre-wash to get rid of remjet. I would try that, and also use cones & coffee filters when replacing C41 chemistry, for the Vision3 film... </p>

<p>Some years ago, I did some 5247 in C41. The remjet easily rubbed off in the rinse. </p>

<p>Usual C41 print films have a lot of latitude, mostly for overexposure. Maybe -1 to +3 stops.</p>

<p>There are push tables with times for different push levels. I suspect the higher speed C41 films are more pushable than lower speed films. It is natural for larger grain films to take longer to develop, but C41 doesn't offer that. I don't know that you find that written anywhere.</p>

<p>But C41 films aren't all that hard to find for reasonable prices, at least if you don't mind 24 exposure rolls. Have you priced the Kodak 200 and 400 films in four packs? Many labs charge the same for 24 and 36 rolls, but if you do it yourself, it is only your time.</p>

<p>How many rolls are you planning to do?</p>

-- glen

<p>hi! thanks for your response! can you guide me to these 'push tables'? I just can't find any certain information. I want to know how much I increase the development time by for every stop. It's very vague here... a few people have said add 30sec/stop, others have said add30%/stop. Huh??? If I'm pushing two stops, then 3:15 becomes 4:15 in the first case, but 5:30 for the second case.<br /> Hmm, is that Colorplus? I lot of the film I see is at 200, but I want 400.<br />I'd like to buy a can of Vision3 film and use it up!</p>