W/NW Pic O' The Week #44

Uhooru

<p>Thank you, Barry. I'm really enjoying large format. It's contemplative and a great companion to my rangefinder meditations.</p>

<p>We lose a few people every year to these flash foods (1 fatality and two missing today). Our swift water rescue teams have this almost to an art, so rescues are very often successful. We were fortunate that this event happened during the day. The Halloween Flood of 2013 occurred at night and killed 4. The Memorial Day Flood of 2015 was at night and killed at least 10. Some places have earthquakes or hurricanes. We have flash floods.</p>

<p>From a couple weeks ago. The wind was blowing hard and the light was constantly changing on the overturned tree roots. I took a number of images, but did not see the face trapped in the wood until I scanned it. Reminds me of Merlin imprisoned by Nimue. M2. Canon 50mm f1.5, Fuji Acros, ISO 1.5, ZoneSimple Extreme.</p><div>00dZ1g-559047984.jpg.bba137f2a4b760793a6cd64c013c0af6.jpg</div>

Thanks Knut. Nice saturated colors. My office was the high water mark... 4-1/2"!

It's not a crop. The distance in water is much exagerated but looks totally natural without any other foreground objects.

The whole experience was very traumatic. No lives were lost, but the campus was cut in half and school ended two weeks early.

The water destroyed tons of student work. When I tried to rinse sand off negatives, the emultion rolled right off the film.

<blockquote>

<p>Awesome strange, Craig! Care to explain?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Hi Charlie, its a blow hole - a tunnel through some rock where surf crashing in below gets channelled into a vertical spout. So its just a combination of a kid playing near by, a slow shutter speed and IBIS doing its job. Although I did take a lot of shots to get one I liked...</p>