<p>I had some difficulty in installing a photo black cartridge and had to install another new one. Since I did I've been getting black streaks on my prints. Should I try repeated nozzle cleaning or would this make thing worse. My nozzle jet prints indicate they are not clogged. I'm printing on a canson fine art semi gloss paper. Would increasing the print head gap help?<br>

Don't know what to do.</p><div>00dnvz-561450484.JPG.6098a049579d23fb833406c4fc5c4203.JPG</div>

<p>I don't know Epson printers, but those streaks look like spilled ink around the ink carriage. You said you had difficulty with the previous ink cartridge and I suspect that some ink leaked out then. You may have to take out the current cartridge and thoroughly clean/dry the ink cartridge area, guide rods and rollers.</p>

<p>Those look like they might be head strikes against the paper where the paper has warp or curl and is coming in contact with the print head. The ink comes from the nozzle area or ink that has built up on the head itself. If true, you would not want to do more head cleanings. An alternative could be an issue with the black section of the print head going bad and leaking ink but you would think you would get that all over the print versus just one area. Is your paper totally flat?</p>

<p>1. turn the printer on and press the ink change button once it has run its startup.<br>

2. when the print head has reached the cartridge change point unplug the printer power cord from the printer.<br>

3. DO NOT push the head back to the park position until this cleaning exercise is finished. Gentle pushing on the side of the print head assembly will move it left or right.<br>

4. fold a paper towel so that it lays in the head track of the printer.<br>

5. wet the paper towel with Isopropyl Alcohol and lay in in the head path.<br>

6. slide the head over the paper towel. you may have to push the towel edge down to prevent it from curling up under the head.<br>

7. let the head sit 15 to 30 minutes on the towel.<br>

8. move the head off the towel and clean all accessible rollers in the paper path with a fresh towel moistened with the alcohol.<br>

9. push the head to the park position, close the cover, plug the printer in, turn it on, and feed a few sheets of paper through the printer.<br>

10. run a test print. if ink tracks still appear adjust the head height.</p>