Should i go pro ?

sylvain_k

<p>Hi guys !<br>

I finally signed up for this awesome website i read so often so dear, for the following question :<br>

Should i go pro ?<br>

Ok so a bit of background story;<br>

At 18, i started traveling vey slowly around the world and after 2 years in Australia, i started photography, that was 4-5 years ago. <br>

I dont shoot often but i read and learn a lot about it, it's my passion, more of an Obsession really.<br>

I moved to Berlin to persue my stupid dream of becoming a photoapher like sooooo many others.<br>

I have plenty of ideas, creativity, projects i'd like to see through, buisness know-how knowledge, etc ...<br>

But i am stuck, i dont feel like i should do it, that i am good enough, that my "style" is not wanted/sellable, i should get new lenses and a strobe cause i still only shoot with a 50mm prime, the world hates me, blablabla. <br>

I havent taken one picture in 5 months.... I am starting to abandon gradually, supressing accounts, looking at selling my cameras (5DM2 and mamiya rz67).<br>

So melodramatic !<br>

Anyway, could some pros here check my portfolio out and tell me what i should really do ?<br>

Destroying my very feeble hopes is totally allowed, dont go gentle please !</p>

<p>Really can't answer without seeing your stuff.</p>

<p>You say that you, "Don't shoot often." How can that be and photography still be a passion? If you're not shooting thousands of images per week, or at least hundred, I kind of wonder about your passion.</p>

<p>Remember the idea that it takes 10,000 hours to "master" anything. Are you even close?</p>

• 1 month later...
<p>Sylvain, if you haven't yet acquired knowledge, skill, etc. on an amateur level, professional photography is probably not the right call for you. Reread David's comments, please. Personally, I get the feeling that there are many pro photographers out there who aren't making enough money to support themselves. By analogy, almost every server I've encountered in bars or restaurants during quite a few visits to New York City came to that location to be discovered by Broadway producers. The fact that they still are working as servers evidences the hard, cold reality. Good luck, whatever you choose to do.</p>