Where to buy Tetenal C-41 kit in Australia

<p>Hey all,</p>

<p>Where can I find affordable C-41 developing kits in Australia? I am looking for the Tetenal C-41 in particular which comes highly recommended from forum posts I have seen across the internet. However, the only available source I have found so far within Australia is on Ebay, selling for $79.90! This is outrageous when I see people in the USA or Europe commenting on the great affordability of their $20 Tetenal kits. I won't save any money undergoing such a purchase and would be better off sending my 6 films into Fotofast to develop and print.<br>

I found someone within this forum saying he could find the Tetenal for $40 within Australia. Where though? I live in Brisbane QLD.<br>

Any help or comments will be greatly appreciated. I am very lost here.</p>

<p>Yes, I've heard that the Rollei Digibase kit is available in Australia, and it can <em>definitely</em> be recommended over the Tetenal kit, because it uses separate bleach and fix, and has all the proprietary licensed technology that only Fuji and Kodak have access to.</p>

<p>So where do I find either of those? Vanbar does not sell them from just searching their site. I can't find Rollei C-41. Their Tetenal C-41 kit has only just gotten back in stock in the last 22 hours, but only comes in 2.5L @ $100!<br /> I am getting pretty fed up and it's starting to look like it's not possible to do colour developing and printing independently in Australia. There is no where to buy the chemicals within an affordable price.<br>

Does anyone even do colour developing and printing in Australia on their own...? Would love to have someone chime in with their experience in being able to find and afford these supplies.</p>

<p>Vanbar in Melbourne usually have the C41 and E6 Tetenal kits, but occasionally run out. Shipments can take some time to arrive. Likely if they are out of them now, they will have them again in a few weeks.</p>

<p>Their prices are usually good. I last did a price check in 2015, and found theirs to be the best value. There is also a larger C41 kit (five liters) available for about $125. I currently have one but am using it so little (it's usually good for about 80-100 rolls), I fear the developer may exhaust before I can use it all up. If you shoot only a few rolls at a time, the smaller kit can be better value. </p>

<p>I believe Vanbar also sell the Rollei kit, but I have never used it. It's more expensive, I think.</p>

<p>I personally would avoid Ebay for buying photo chemicals and process kits. You never know if you are buying a five year old kit. Nowadays buying most things photographic on Ebay is akin to putting your money in a Weber and lighting it up. Film prices are generally absurd. This said, I am aware that several very reliable Ebay suppliers try to keep their prices low and provide a good service, 'tho in Singapore (a high cost place) I can buy 120 roll film cheaper in five packs than I get them at home, which shouldn't be the case, but it is. The low value of the A$ (aka the South Pacific Peso) on the global market has of course forced up prices for everything imported. We have been suckered into thinking a low value dollar does good things to business, but all it means is we pay 30% more for everything.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Maybe I can sent over a Rollei Digibase C-41 kit. Standard available I have the 0,5 ltr and 1 ltr kit. But 2kg from Holland to Australia is about Eur. 26,00 only in transport. I was thinking that the <em>Foma distributor in Australia</em> also should have these Rollei Digibase C-41 kits:<br>

http://blanconegro.com.au/address-opening-hours-and-contact-info/</p>

<p> </p>

<p>This is where I ordered a 1L C41 Rollei Digibase kit not so long ago. Out of stock now, was A$58 + A$9 postage<br>

http://www.lofico.com.au/collections/c-41-developers</p>

<p>This is where I'll buy future C41, Tetanal Blix, and I'll pay their price for 2.5L because I have a small fridge full of film, expiring away, ready to expose. Beggars can't be choosers! but Vanbar's 2.5L prices are not bad, more economical way to go than 1L if you shoot enough film to warrant the larger quantity<br>

http://www.vanbar.com.au/catalogue/index.php?item1=CHEMISTRY&item2=COLOR&item3=FILM&brand=</p>

<p>I've tried both blix and bleach fix C41s and while I've no doubt bleach fix is probably better, the blix type I've used in past years did the job well and the negs have stored better than a lot of lab negs I still have. It's a matter of grabbing what's available and hang the expense, just make sure every exposure is a gallery piece, said with tongue in cheek</p>

<p> </p>

• 7 months later...

<p>I'll give this question a bump as it's driving me to the edge with colour neg and slides here in Australia. <br>

Vanbar (worst website in the world?) are again out of the 2.5 litre Tetenal kit - (I only really want a 1 litre kit but that's a separate story.) lofico haven't had any kits in a long time. Can't find any other options. <br>

Is that it? :(</p>

<p>I have literally spent hours trying to purchase a C-41 kit and I have been blocked by prohibitions for international shipping. Vanbar now sell the 2 Lt tetenal kit though I really only want the 1 Lt as I don't shoot film for a 2 Lt kit (unless I start portioning the powder which is where things get messy I imagine).<br>

Can anyone recommend websites I could purchase 1L tetenal kits from (and they ship to Australia?). I am open to other kits but I hear the Rollei digibase kits are no longer manufactured. </p>

<p>I have obtained good results with a Unicolor powder kit from here:<br /> <a href="http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Unicolor-Powder-C-41-Film-Negative-Processing-Kit-1-Litre-Process-Cine-film-/361823621277?hash=item543e5e509d:g:1oEAAOSwZ8ZXAMMj">http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Unicolor-Powder-C-41-Film-Negative-Processing-Kit-1-Litre-Process-Cine-film-/361823621277?hash=item543e5e509d:g:1oEAAOSwZ8ZXAMMj<br /></a><br /> There is also this site (previously an ebay seller), who appears to have a good range.<br /> <a href="https://thefilmbloke.com.au/collections/chemistry-colour">https://thefilmbloke.com.au/collections/chemistry-colour<br /></a><br /> Neither are cheap compared to US prices, but Vanbar are the only other seller that I could find, and their delivery charges are extremely high as they only ship by road transport.<br /><br /> Lofico haven't had any for quite some time. I emailed them and they replied that obtaining stock was an issue to due to dangerous goods shipping requirements.</p>

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...