W/NW Pic o' the Week #16

Uhooru

<p>Time Fly's and here we are at Friday again. Please post your favorite pic of the week. If you have been following or are new and just looking in, please feel free to join in and post a photo. I'll start off with a photo taken on a Mamiya 7, a popular for good reason, medium format rangefinder. This is of Fionn and Darcy in the late afternoon on 800 film. Let see yours....<br>

<a title="Untitled by Barry Fisher, on Flickr" href=" spacer.png src="https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4123/4897164028_b3c44981a7_o.jpg" alt="Untitled" width="820" height="682" /></a></p>

Alex, if you do pick up a Nikon 9000 to scan medium format, you're going to want the glass holders for it to

keep the film flat. They didn't originally come standard with the scanner. Not sure if they're difficult to find

or not. Maybe you can find a used scanner that comes with one. Make sure the glass is in good condition.

I see people getting nice results (at least for posting on a computer screen) with some of the flat bed

scanners like Epson.

<blockquote>

<p>I see people getting nice results (at least for posting on a computer screen) with some of the flat bed scanners like Epson.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>All of my medium format negatives are scanned on Epson flatbeds. Some of the older images like the one I posted above are with an Epson 2450, while last year I got a V700 which I'm using now. I don't have the glass holders for it, but I'm satisfied with the results. I've printed some scans for decorating my living room, and they look ok; but I'm not trying to impress anyone or sell prints. I know that Jim Trahan uses the glass holders and gets phenomenal scans. </p>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<p>Thanks for the shout-out, E.</p>

<p>I use the <a href="http://www.betterscanning.com/scanning/models/vseries.html">BetterScanning</a> film holders in my V750-M. They have ANR glass to avoid getting those pesky Newton's rings, are height adjustable to a fine degree, and hold the film flat. The height must be calibrated to get best results but it only takes an hour and you never have to do it again. This is what I use for all of my medium format scans and can comfortably make enlargements over 20 inches. <em>(Please note that their site needs to be update as all holders are sold with ANR glass not T-locks)</em></p>

<p>All of <strong><a href=" Flickr Search images</a></strong> on Flickr were scanned using the glass film holders with the Epson V750-M.<br /><br /></p>

<p>For my 135 scans I use the Nikon CoolScan IV. It doesn't need special holders and works great.</p>

<p>All of <strong><a href=" Flickr Search images</a></strong> on Flickr were scanned using the Nikon CoolScan IV with Nikon software.</p>