RZ67 lever advances freely without stopping!?

mood_lover

<p>Mid-roll, I was about to advance the film for the next shot when I realized that there was a lot less tension on the lever and once cocked, it could be re-cocked over and over again freely! When the camera is working fine, it can only be advanced once and locks until you take the shot. The film counter isnt advancing but the lever can be moved non-stop, the shutter can be pressed yet no shot is being taken! Is my camera broken?!</p>

<p>I'm trying to reproduce the problem and here is what's happening:</p>

<p>I advance the film to frame 1, take the shot just fine. Then after advancing to frame 2, the lever doesn't lock, it can keep on being pushed/cocked over and over. When I try to hit the shutter button, the orange light comes up (the lever one).</p>

<p>Again I tried, got to frame 9, then while trying to advance to 10 it feels like it lost control of the winding process and the lever has 0 tension on it. Sometimes its very hard to advance the frame, sometimes it doesnt advance at all.</p>

<p>Well I have an update, came back from the camera shop and all the guy did was push the lever further forward. For some reason, if my lever is pushed only 90% and not 100% the camera will not fire and the lever will not lock. When I push that last 5-10% forward it functions like normal and returns from it's "messed up mode". Can anyone explain why this is happening?<br /> <br /> Video proof (first is normal shot, then I recreate the problem, then I push it 100% forward to fix): <a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=xbahdf%3E&s=8#.VVvXf6Yfk5k" target="_blank">http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=xbah...8#.VVvXf6Yfk5k</a></p>