Photo.net banned by Adsense

<p>For about the past week, I cannot open Photo.net in Google Chrome unless I open an incognito window.<br>

I have seen links about this when I Googled the problem, but I can't figure out what I need to do. I can't see anything in my Chrome settings about solving this.<br>

Thank you for any help.</p>

Adrian, are you going to some AdSense web-page or other interface where from you go to some photo.net URL? Else the title of this thread is highly misleading.

(Use of "AdSense" is to show advertisement to make money.)

<p>Thanks for the responses so far, everyone.<br>

I did not mention that I am using Windows 7, if that makes any difference.<br>

Jeff, the only extension I am using is McAfee Site Adviser. I did disable that, but no change even after restarting the computer.<br>

I'll keep on looking into this later and will inform you all of any progress.<br>

I did build this computer several years back, but that does not mean I understand all the background workings of this stuff! I do know how to insert tab A into slot A! But if it doesn't work, I'm at a loss!<br>

Thanks again. I'll be back.</p>

<p>Also, Chrome on Win 7 no longer works with Facebook in some areas. I even downloaded and installed the latest version of Chrome. No luck. IE works fine. Ironically I had to Google Facebook to find out what was wrong. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Chrome and Safari are basically the same. Google copied Apple's open source backend and put their own frontend and tracking system on it.</p>

</blockquote>

<p> <br>

The only mainstream non-tracking browser I know of is DuckDuckGo. I use it on Linux Mint. You're supposed to be able to turn tracking off in Firefox but I don't believe them. But if you think Safari doesn't track and Chrome does, you're in for a surprise. At least Chrome doesn't sell your tracked info, but Safari certainly does to third parties.</p>

<p>But back to "Chrome copied Safari". Copied is an incorrect term. The industry calls if "code forking" and is common practice with open source. A great explanation of forking is here<br>

http://timreview.ca/article/644</p>

<p>Safari itself was a fork (or, "copy") of free open source KHTML and Apple called it Webkit. The first release of Chrome was indeed a fork of that fork, Webkit. Today, Chrome is on a fork of that forked fork called Blink. Google, ironically, is by far the biggest contributor to Blink, and therefore Webkit, and in which Safari benefits greatly. Articles like this are commonly found</p>

<p><em>Even though Google now uses its own Blink Web rendering engine, it is still heavily contributing to Apple WebKit security.</em> http://www.eweek.com/security/apple-patches-safari-for-flaws-in-webkit-rendering-engine.html</p>

<p>I initially laughed at your Safari comment because it seems to be the laughing joke in the web, mobile, and security communities.<br>

<em>Op-ed: Safari is the new Internet Explorer</em> http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/06/op-ed-safari-is-the-new-internet-explorer/</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I initially laughed at your Safari comment because it seems to be the laughing joke in the web, mobile, and security communities.</p>

</blockquote>

<p> <br>

No. You wrote that you were laughing because you think that being rude to other people over software is appropriate for adults.<br>

<br>

But to your points: <br>

<br>

The first step in "forking" is copying. I say this not to say that Apple is somehow superior to Google because Google is a copier, or to imply that this is one of the examples of Google infringing copyrights, but because the two programs have much more in common than not. The backends of Chrome and Safari are nearly identical. <br>

<br>

If a person is saying "I can't use this site in Chrome because something to do with Adsense is broken," saying "Try Safari" is perfectly reasonable because the problem (caused by a Google product) may be exacerbated by features of another Google product. The idea that you can't get to PN because it's "banned by Adsense" sounds like an odd and uniquely Google problem. But forget that. The nerds say "Safari is the new IE" and the nerds aren't using IE. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>No. You wrote that you were laughing because you think that being rude to other people over software is appropriate for adults.</p>

</blockquote>

<p> <br>

No. I was laughing because it was a ridiculous to suggest IE instead of Chrome.</p>

<p>And hey, sorry you took offence Andy. It really was a light snark and not ment to take personal. I'm not sure why you would suggest to use the two worst browsers instead of trying to get Chrome to work? I thought you were...kidding...Usually we uninstall and try a re-install and get rid of extensions and adons. I couldn't imagine Chrome not working and simply switching browsers like it was coffee or gasoline</p>

I have managed to to get infected with a virus recently and one thing it does it open the door for all kinds of malware to

follow. Chrome on my computer seems to be a target and it was hit the hardest. What is nice is if you are using Microsoft

and not Apple if there is a Microsoft store near you they offer free service to clean all malware and optimize your system

FOR FREE. I used that service and am happy. Of course I am biased since my son does soft ware for Microsoft he fills

me in on a lot of subtle things that their programs have. He also told me that he is not helping me with anymore viruses I

pick up.

<p>Chrome is pretty safe. The built-in sandbox mode may be hyper-vigilant and interfering with some normal processes, Flash, Javascript or ad servers in the interest of protecting users from perceived malware.</p>

<p>That's my theory for why some trusted sites I frequently visit are acting funky with Chrome recently. It appears to be related to ad servers and/or outdated Flash, but I haven't had time to dig deep enough to be sure.</p>