Ilfotec DD-X and HP5...

<p>a newbie asks about developing 4x5 b/w in DD-X, four sheets curled with rubber band in a <br /> paterson system 4 (2 reel) tank</p>

<p>how is the dilution determined for example developing two sheets one day<br /> and three to four another<br /> is the dilution ratio adjusted for the increased 'workload' or<br /> simply more of the same thx all</p>

<p>Once you dilute and develop the film it is called one shot and you dump it down the drain. You measure the amount you need to develop the film you have in the tank and then it is not reused. one 4x5 sheet is the same as one 120 roll or one 35mm 36 exp roll in surface area. </p>

<p>DD-X is a great developer, but it's expensive for just about any method of developing 4x5 film. That's why I use HC-110 for 4x5 film, and reserve DD-X for 135 and 120 film.<br>

(And everyone is having math problems, a 4x5 sheet has one quarter the area of 8x10. A 36-exposure roll of 135 is also 80 square inches, as is a 120 roll.)</p>

<p> </p>

<h2 >HP+ and DD-X 4x5 processing for newbie</h2>

<blockquote >from an old thread, someone noted:<br /><br /><em>I had a container made for dunking the 45 film while in the hanger, it is 3/4 in wide, 6 inches long, and 6 inches deep, it holds 13 oz of developer and when the hanger is in it, it comes about 1/4 inch above the top of the hanger, I develop one sheet at a time and it works very well. Measure the width of your two hanger set and and allow 1/4 inch, the same for depth and length. Pat</em><br /><br />casting about for a processing method, one sheet at a time, HP+ w/Ilfotec DD-X,<br /><br />one part DD-X, four parts distilled water, nine minutes at 20C<br />the quoted method seems okay but your pov is needed <br /><br />Q: does it seem too small an enclosure ? thx all Eric</blockquote>