M4/3 to Canon FD adapter

anthony_r.1

<p>I've just bought an Olympus E-M5 (they're going cheap now that the Mark II is out) and would like to use my old Canon FD lenses with it. There are several to choose from. Can you give me your opinions on which ones you would recommend?</p>

<p>A cheapo from ebay, if you want to shoot real subjects with not overly heavy glass. If its not as parallel as the most expensive Novoflex you 'll probably not notice. - If you want to go birding: Buy the one with the most screws holding mounts in space on the tube part. - I tore a mount out of a 4 screws TC once.<br>

If you are determined to shoot brick walls at f1.2, you might spot adapter flaws, but is that still photography or measurebating?<br>

Further reading: http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/09/there-is-no-free-lunch-episode-763-lens-adapters <-lensrentals.com blog</p>

<p>I've been using an inexpensive one from China for over a year now. The trick is to make sure the one you buy has the little post inside it to stop down the lens diaphragm (which you set manually), otherwise you'll be shooting wide open all the time.</p>

I recommend this one pictured here on my table, in use for a year or so I think it is exclusive to B and H here in the U.S. It costs about $45 to 50 dollars. Vello.. Yes, I tried another one earlier, possibly an early sample from Fotodiox, but I found it kind of stiff getting on and off on some of my FD lenses. It worked but not smoothly. Recommendation: I think you will be well pleased with the Vello brand adapter and not heavily out of pocket. Novoflex is the gold standard but pricey. I now use my Vello adapter mainly for copy work with the FD macro 50mm and it is nice to have and does not stick or is rough.

Enjoy your EM-5, at sale prices. Aloha, G.<div>00dH0W-556609484.jpg.18c261be27e1ee1dffe5a4610a49caa0.jpg</div>