What exactly is this?

<p>Hi all. It's been a while since I've done anything photographically, even more since I've done anything worthwhile. However, something that I've come across in my travels has me stumped. It's not a camera. It has a number of both male and female tripod mounts, but I haven't the slightest idea what it is used for. Perhaps somebody enlightened can give me an idea?</p><div>00d8wY-555135584.JPG.a0aa5ab081a6cde5b187083886f2c997.JPG</div>

<p>I agree with John and assume its meant for a rather heavy camera on a maybe not too solid tripod where a head allowing the usal 90° flip to a side would mean stability hazard + reftraming / recomposing hassle. - Imagine you'd be shooting table top flowers with a 4x5" without a rotating back</p>

<p>I used one with a Camerz 70mm long-roll camera. The camera took 100 ft of 70mm film and (depending on configuration -- mine was 6x7) you could shoot a full day of high school senior portraits on one roll. I started with a twin-lens Camera Classic and graduated to their SLR which had a mirror slap like the Grand Canyon.</p>

<p>Henry Posner<br /><strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

<p>Thanks for the insight folks. It's much appreciated. I picked it up from a friend's place after his wife passed away. I worked with the both of them for years and I never knew she was into photography until she passed away and I was offered her stuff to clean out the house. Beside a ton of developing stuff, there was a Bushnell 2.8/135mm lens in screwmount</p>