Beautyflex D

gene m

<p>Lovely looking camera. It, of course, is a Beauty. (someone had to say it).<br>

As you say, I guess we can be thankful that it was a Rectus MX, and not of the neuter gender.</p>

<p>I wonder if the Biokar (!) is a double-Gauss lens or just the name taken.</p>

<p>I too use an alkaline (archival) fixer and skip the stop bath. Works fine without a hitch.</p>

<p>But the pictures! Great work.</p>

<p>-Even with the processing"irregularities" I'd say job well done. Some of my best photographs (to me) are accidents or at least unintended in part, something that is extremely rare when using a digital camera system. I also have grown to love TLR's, and until 6 months ago, I thought I'd never own one. Problem I have is finding one that takes a <em>bad </em>picture, most decent brands take great pics.</p>

<p>Now...if I could just figure out how to get the Rectar lens from my Fujica 6x6 folder into that shutter. Recta-Flex? </p>

Gene so nice to read your humor inflected prose in describing things photographic. This seems a bit above

the cut though as many said they're all good. I have fallen out of "love" with the both the TLR and the

square format. My poor eyesight leaves me guessing onfocussing. The distance to my umm ( expanded)

waist is just the distance that is too close with glasses and too far without. While i use to "get it " I prefer

the elongated 6x7 and 6x9 more. All things being equal I still will continue to keep and use the five or so

that I have ! I forget what you said but something along the lines that even a bd TLR is better than some

others. I think it's the funky look that appeals. A recent post for a "Linda Eastman / McCartney" copy

wanted to use a TLR though a historically correct Nikon would've been more sensible explains this appeal

somewhat!

<p>Yep, plain water stop for me too....I put the vinegar on my chips. That camera looks really fine, and love the way that they have even ripped off the F&H logo design, and the case is pure Rolleicord.<br>

I have only one Beauty, or two if you count my wife, and ehem...both perform quite well.<br>

One could just collect TLR's, and you would never get them all...wonderful picture takers.</p>