Gossen Luna-Lux Calibration? Is it Possible

evan_dong1

<p>HI Mukul, <br>

Thank You for your reply. I have the original manual and i was unable to find anything related to calibrating the meter.</p>

<p>One would think that the screw you mention is for calibration, but the manual never mention anything regarding that screw.<br>

<br />Definitely "Jumping around", I wait a couple of days before I escalate it to Gossen..<br>

<br />Thanks for replying.</p>

<p>Evan</p>

<p>Evan, as you turn the dial of the Luna-Lux, one LED goes off and the adjacent one lights up. At any time, only one is lit. The meter is sensitive and only a slight turn is needed. If this is what you mean by "jumping around", it is normal behaviour. I too have the manual, and you are correct in saying that it has nothing about calibration.</p>

<p>Mokul,<br>

The lighting f the center LED is not pinpoint accurate. I would hit the Center, then afterwards it would jump left to right, but never stay in the center or lighting up the center. I also found the readings to be off compare to my Minolta Autometer III and my other Gossen Luna-Pro F. I found an old posting where the user asked about calibration for the same issue with the Luna-Lux. I check with Gossen and a shop in LA named Quality Light Metric.<br>

Unfortunately he has no website...<br>

Evan</p>

<p>Don't know if this helps and it may be too riskey to try it. I did this on a Luna Pro that I got cheap so I had nothing to lose and so far it has worked. The article is about battery conversion but it addresses recalibration. Here is the link:<br>

<a href="http://www.graphic-fusion.com/lunapro.htm"><br /></a>http://www.graphic-fusion.com/lunapro.htm</p>

Dan Deary

<p>Daniel,</p>

<p>Thank you for the link. I have another Gossen Luna-Pro F which do calibrate in that matter as described in this thread.<br>

The only difference is the Luna-Lux which uses a (3) Three LED Diode. Nothing mention in the original Luna-Lux manual on how to calibrate it correctly. I will send to QLM out in LA. I spoke with Bogen today and they were unable ot help me...</p>

<p>Evan</p>

• 1 month later...