How to develop an AGFAPAN APX 25 exposed at 400 ISO?

frank_dietzel

<p>Nothing wrong with that old film if it's exposed properly, but you're not going to get much off this one. That is serious underexposure. Unless the subject is very precious, I wouldn't waste my time. If it is precious, then long development with a generous quantity of rather dilute developer might give you something. Which developer(s) do you have?</p>

<p>I love a challenge! :) That's a 4 stop push. I'd suggest Microphen which is a speed developer. My rule of thumb is a 50% increase in dev time per stop uprating so you would need to increase dev time by a factor of 5. What you get is anybody's guess but I'd do it just to see what happens.</p>

After developer is poured out maybe let film soak in water for a few minutes. Dilute developer that remains might allow the shadows to develop a bit more. YMMV. I did this once with a roll of Plus-X that accidentally got exposed at E.I. 400 and the results were quite nice. But with APX 25 we are talking about a much larger push.

Good luck and post some results if you can.

Ditto, Microphen. Try stock solution for semi

stand processing, 30-60 minutes with normal

agitation for the first 10 minutes, followed by

agitation only every 5 minutes or so.

I wouldn't expect much - probably only the

brightest highlights will remain. But it'll be

interesting to see what a good scanner might

wring out.

<p>Hello :-)</p>

<p>Thank you for your answers!<br>

In another blog someone gave me the advise to use "Fomadon R09 1+100, stand dev during 5hrs, agiation once per hour". Maybe I am going to try this.<br>

<br />To John: Well, maybe not so precious, but I really want to know what I photographed and how it turns out on that film. At the moment I use Ilfosol 3 developer.<br /> <br>

To Chris: Thank you for your advise. I will consider this. I wish you a happy new year :-)</p>

<p>To Mike: Thank you for your advise. Sure, I will post the results. I wish you a happy new year :-)</p>

<p>To Lex. Thank you, I will consider this. I wish you a happy new year!</p>

<p>To Tom: Thank you, this would also be a possibility. Have a happy new year :-)</p>

<p>Best, Frank</p>