Guessing game

<p>I am often amazed at the knowledge of many of the photo.net community. Whether it is classic manual cameras or modern digital cameras, this is the place to come to find info. I was looking at a couple of my many classic manual cameras and thinking about their designs when I decided to use the cameras as objects to be photographed. I did a few close up shots of two and thought I would see who can identify them. Maybe others can post shots of theirs also. Here is the first one.</p><div>00d8nA-555109684.JPG.6c89863f178df42b95f8121786612b95.JPG</div>

<p>The first one is a Vitomatic II. The second is an Olympus OM88. The camera is normally program mode, but the adapter in the photo allows for manual control of aperture and shutter speed. For those not familiar with the camera, it is a manual focus camera with a unique focus system. It uses something called "power focus" in which focusing is done by rotating a thumbwheel on the back to turn the autofocus lens. I picked this one up for about $5 at a thrift store. Thanks for playing.</p>

<p>ok so some m,ay be able to id a camera from therse close-ups.<br>

thit is not my thing. but some surley cn.<br>

what surprises me is when mempers<br>

== a;sop refered to as " pnetters"<br>

seem to agree on many mysteries posed by others.even when the other is an experienced person. someone out thjere has " been there done that"<br>

and it able to willingly share this information with others.</p>

<p>it seems someone out there has spent time solving most every problem.<br>

reading these posts is an advanced education..<br>

several yers ago a few tended to blast beginners when they asked questions..<br>

like old cameras with no batteries ( whjere does the basttery go_<br>

or how to open an ancient leather covered camera. ( press the bump)<br>

but lately these beginners are treated kindly.<br>

this is as it chould be.<br>

either the scoffers have melloed or are no longer here.</p>

<p>yes yu ultra close ups are an interesting "quiz"<br>

the real think I like and see is the depth of knowledge and understanding.<br>

again- someday my old eyes may get fixed.<br>

in the meantime try to put up with my typos.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>OMG - it's one of the plastic bodied, battery dependent power focus Olympus cameras - which are the antithesis of a classic film camera.</p>

<p>Olympus was still offering a version of the OM4 when these plastic bodied wonders arrived. I know - because I wanted one. At the time, I thought a spot meter would would put me on top of the world - but the OM4 of the time was over $1,000 US new - which was about what I was paying for rent every 4 months. </p>

Best Regards - Andrew in Austin, TX