A Class Act

<p>A good example of '50s-'60s design overlap. I have to say, whoever designs a camera with the viewfinder in the middle is a complete dropkick. Reflex viewfinders need to be in the middle. But offset viewfinders should be put on the corner of the body.</p>

<p>The accessory shoe, however, likes either location. If it's in the middle, heavy flash units cause less imbalance; if it's to the side, accessory finders are easier to use.</p>

<p>Thanks, <strong>Robert</strong>, and <strong>Andrew</strong>, and <strong>Cory</strong>, I keep eyeing my Contaflexes in a guilty sort of way; it's been some time since I used one. I also have a nice Contina with the f/3.5 Novar lens, and I'm tempted to try it for the sake of comparison. Interesting points you raise, <strong>Karim</strong>; certainly food for thought. Yes, <strong>JDM,</strong> they're both pretty..."Beauty lies... " and all that stuff.</p>

<p>Cool camera Rick, and some great images. The finish reminds me of the grey Baby Rollei. Had one for a short time with the plastic grey two-part case that held it, as well as a couple of bricks of Kodak Gold in the 127 format the camera shot.</p>

<p>Thanks<strong> Greg</strong>, you'll be aware that 127 film is available again in B&W and colour, limited choice but better than nothing. <strong>Rand</strong>y, the moa is securely bolted down; they've just re-installed it after re-modelling the little plaza where it's displayed. A little too much sunshine and not enough rain down here; we're on the verge of a drought. When it comes to weather, we're never happy...</p>

• 2 weeks later...