Connecting 6D to MacBook point to point.

igord

<p>I would like to ask if there is any method of connecting my 6D with MacBook running 10.10 software, point to point without wifi access.<br>

I am going to work in a field without internet conncection. Maybe someone set the direct connection between the two.<br>

6D can do it with smartphone so maybe there is a way to replace it with Mac?</p>

<p>Plug in the USB cable that came with the 6D and open Canon Utility. You can fire the camera, adjust, preview and view images. If you have plenty of batteries, you can enabled the 6D as a Wi-Fi router and configure the MacBook to connect to it. I did it when I first bought the camera and struggled with it for an hour before I got it working. The USB cable is much easier and less battery drain.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Thanks guys. I do have a cable but also have wifi in my camera so why not to use it?</p>

<p>@Puppy Face. Do you remember how did you manage to make the EOS Utility see your camera in ditect wifi mode?<br /> I connected to laptop using smartphone mode but EU can't see it.</p>