EOS film camera help to use alongside my EOS 550d

andrew_spence1

<p>guys<br>

I have a Canon 550d digital camera which I use a lot of legacy manual focus lenses on.<br>

I would like to buy an EOS 35mm film camera that I can carry in the same bag as my 550d mainly to use the same legacy lens and occasionally the EOS film cameras af kit lens for film shots.<br>

Can any of you recommend such a camera<br>

Regards Andrew</p>

<p>I like my Elan 7 film camera for the rare times I would use film. It's not too big and has a quiet shutter, and it's easy to use. Be aware though that your 550D kit lens EF-S will not mount or work on the EOS mount film camera. Any EOS mount lenses will work. Good Luck</p>

<p>If your "legacy" lenses are EF (EOS) Canon lenses, they will work on any EOS EF-mount film camera. My personal favorite is my EOS-3, but most others are very much more inexpensive. Good ones for under $30, most of them, right back to the early EOS 620 and 630 cameras. However -- NO EF-<em><strong>S</strong></em> lenses will work on the film EOS cameras, EF-S is only for APS-C digital.</p>

<p>If the lenses are FD (pre-EOS Canon) you need to get a pre-EOS body like the AE-1 Program.</p>

<p>If they are Nikon or other adaptable lenses, then they will work with the same adapters you're using on your current EF-mount. Aperture-preferred and all manual, of course.</p>

If you plan on using manual focus lenses, consider going with an EOS 3 or any of the EOS 1 series cameras. These cameras have interchangeable focus screens which would enable you to choose a focusing screens that would be better for manual focus than the standard screen. I still own an EOS 3, and while it is somewhat bigger and louder than an EOS 7, it has a wonderful viewfinder, and is a joy to shoot.

<p>I own and use a EOS-1n, Elan 7e and a Elan IIe. I love my EOS-1n but it may be more than what you want to spend. If you're looking for an economical film camera why not pick up a Elan II or IIe? They are so cheap but has all the features you need. KEH has is selling the Elan II for $39.00 and that includes a 6 month warranty.</p>