Need your help naming my new production company

<p>Hi everyone!<br>

3 weeks into my brainstorming sessions and i've hit a creative wall, maybe i'm in too deep and highly biased, that's why i'm turning to you guys for more inspiration.<br>

My new production company will offer video shoots, video editing and photography services and i'm struggling to find a catchy cool, bold name that encompasses all my services. I'm based in Houston and have 14 years experience in video production overseas. I'm originally from Lebanon, my name is Ziad, newly wed no kids, currently operating under Ziad Photography but the name doesn't cover all my services hence the need for a new name.<br>

I've considered Mosaic, Candid, DejaView, VirtualTree, Fusion and others. That's the direction i'm going for but each one has has its own little problems. Don't worry about the descriptor such as Pictures, Media or Productions, i'll tag these along if needed.<br>

Thank you all so much for your help!<br>

Ziad</p>

<p>How about Ziad Photography and Video?<br>

It tells plainly what you are capable of doing. When people search the web they usually go with basics like your name (if they know or have a card) or what you do. <br>

I personally like Ziad because it sounds different and unusual enough to spark an interest and easy to remember.</p>

<p>You basically have two approaches: something that describes what you do or a unique word (associated or not with your name) that will (hopefully) become known to all.<br>

<br />The drawback with the first option (descriptive) is that you will be stuck with it or have to change it if your product/service offering changes.</p>

<p>The drawback with the second is that you will need time and some sort of advertising to become known. However, that approach worked very well for George Eastman.</p>

<p>"The letter <em>k</em> was a favorite of Eastman's; he is quoted as saying, "it seems a strong, incisive sort of letter."</p>

<p>"He and his mother devised the name <em>Kodak</em> with an anagrams se<a title="Anagrams" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anagrams">t</a>. Eastman said that there were three principal concepts he used in creating the name: it should be short, easy to pronounce, and not resemble any other name or be associated with anything else."</p>

<p>Today, the name Kodak (in spite of the company's "downsizing") is known around the world.</p>

<p>You can combine the two approaches. You can always associate a unique name with an added (non-official) word or words that describe some aspect or all aspects of your products/services.</p>

<p>Also, a unique name can make the choice of a logo easier.</p>

<p>Personally, I like your idea of "Mosaic", which suggests something about images and of something made up of many discrete parts. I think a graphic artist could come up with a great logo for that name.</p>

<p>Don't forget the legal questions. If you are incorporated (or not), be sure the name you choose is not already a registered trademark in the visual arts field. If you are simply doing business as an individual company and you do not want to use your own name, you will have to register "Mosaic" (or whatever you choose) under your own name as a "doing business as" (DBA) so that people can find you to sue you! :)</p>