New Pentax DSLR, new lenses...

wolf_weber

<p>Seems like someone at Ricoh's finally listening... Vague announcement of a new APSC body and at least<br>

3 mainly long focal zoom lenses. Perhaps one or two of these will somewhat fill the gap between the current <br />+/- $ 1100,- (for the 300mm) and almost $ 6K for the (way overpriced) 400mm + 1.4x <em>integrated</em> <em>converter</em> (my guess).<br /> Anyone have any updates, please..?</p>

<p>New lenses are welcome, though IMO they should have released the 80-400 (100-400?) a long time ago. The collapsible and WR 18-50/4-5.6 DC seems like a good idea, hopefully it's at least as good as the existing 18-55 -- the addition of silent DC motor, WR and the extra-compact size are all welcome for a basic lens.</p>

<p>Also, about time that Pentax/Ricoh offered an articulating rear LCD screen on a DSLR.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>So, finally, just before my <em>giving up</em>, the cats ore out of the bag... Though infos re. the full frame DSLR are rather skimpy, with a planned release not before the end of the year. Both lenses are of interest however. Especially (for me) the 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6. It giving us some 50mm more at the long and, being about a pound more heavy than my current <em>top of list,</em> the Canon EF 100-400mm IS L II. And, yes, Harry <em>"Hope one of those lenses is a 70-200 !"</em>... It is, a 2.8 (what else..?) Specs look enticing, availability just around the corner; March 2015.</p>

<p>Sleeping Ricoh waking up some... After the <em>pro (or so)</em> full frame camera announcement, comes the Pentax WR K-S2 DSLR, with a 20MP APS-C sensor and articulated LCD. Nothing really overwhelming except perhaps, for the incorporated Wi-Fi with NFC.<br>

Also announced was the world's shortest zoom lens (when in its stored position), the HD Pentax-DA 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR <em>RE (..?)</em>, to be sold as a kit with the K-S2. A less exciting AF201FG external flash was introduced as well.</p>

• 2 months later...