Hello from Toronto

anand_sihra

<p>Hello everyone, I've been popping on this site for many years and I felt that it was finally time to join this great community. My name's Anand, and I've been shooting part-time for many years. I've mostly been a Canon user, minus the one or two months where I tried Sony. I've bought and sold countless lenses and bodies over the years, and I'm finally starting to consolidate my setup, and focus on quality over quantity. I'm currently working with the following equipment:<br>

- Canon 40D body with BG-E2N grip - I don't know why, but I can't shake my 40D. I've tried the 50D and the 7D, but the 40D seems to work best for me. I almost feel like we have a deeper connection lol.<br>

- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC EX HSM - My worst eBay experience ever. This lens floated all over the US for over a month before it finally made it to my door. Worth the wait in my opinion, especially for the price.<br>

- Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 DC EX HSM - Another eBay find, I read mixed opinions on this particular lens, but for my use (real estate photos), it works wonderfully. <br>

- Canon 28-80mm f/2.8-4L USM - My all time favourite lens. Picked this up from Adorama for $200, they said it had error issues. Hooked it up to my camera, got an Error 01, cleaned the lens contacts with an eraser, and haven't had a problem since.<br>

-Metz 40-MZ2 flash - The only flash that I've stuck with for a long period of time. <br>

My work mostly comprises of real estate, small parties and functions, and community events. I'd love to make a full-time living out of my love for photography, but I have a lot of learning to do, and I'm sure I'll learn a lot from everyone here. See you on the boards!</p>

<p>Welcome, Anand. Although I'm not a fellow Torontonian, I hail from a city not terribly south of your home - Buffalo, NY. I've had the privilege to visit Toronto a few times and, on each occasion, I've been increasingly impressed not only with the city's beauty but also with the diversity and character of its people.</p>