A Few Shots with a Mamiyaflex

<p >Despite the size and weight (although its not as heavy as its later descendents) the camera handles well and with a bright focusing screen, it's pleasant to use. Simpler than the later models, with knob wind and manual shutter cocking – in some ways its preferable as there is less to go wrong. I see the C2 as something of a transitional type with characteristics of the earlier more conventional TLR's, but full support for the interchangeable lens system, which evolved into the professional C330 series. The first model C1 had a focusing knob on one side, mine has two. There a good article on them in Barry Toogood's site here:</p>

<p > </p>

<p >http://tlr-cameras.com/Japanese/Mamiya.html</p>

<p > </p>

<p >The bellows extension on these cameras make it potentially easier to do close ups, but you need the camera on a tripod to use the paramender accessory to correct for parallax. Also there are scales to tell you how much increased exposure is needed. I’ve not explored this facilities as yet (ever?).</p>

<p > </p>

<p >The pictures were all done within a space of a few minutes at a deserted industrial unit in Aylestone, Leicester, as an exercise in composing with different shapes, textures, grafitti etc.</p><div>00ceOP-549124584.jpg.c606966d9256409382ca1c0046f876a6.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks for the comments. The film is Ilford Pan F Plus 50 ISO, it was developed commercially so I don't know the details. I scanned the negatives on my Epson Perfection 4870 at 2400 dpi. It seems to scan very nicely with the fine grain visible in the full size scans.</p>

• 2 weeks later...