Canon Thursday 2014, #19

Norman 202

Headed down off the mountain and into town Monday, dropped my laundry at the laundromat, and with a

few hours to kill headed to a lagoon just outside the entrance to the Naval base. Despite the heavy

downpour the superb diffused lighting from the heavy overcast was too much to resist. (as a result of which

everything got extremely soaked and I now own a 70-300 on which the focus ring is a "wee bit sticky")

Mallard, caught at the start of landing touchdown, a blue heron photographed initially stalking fish in

shallow water, then in flight as it moved off further down the shoreline. The Mallard touchdown at iso1250

1/1250 f11, both images of the heron iso1600 1/1250 f14, all three on 7D with a Tamron SP70-300<div>00cZTM-548094484.jpg.de3a51b2f1ef1a29df5736b2d7c78718.jpg</div>

Great photos so far.

1st. Jeff Spirer, no rock concerts, mosh pits, dance parties, actors....must of been a quiet week in CA.

2nd. David Stephens , I love the Robin capture and thanks for posting your photo data :)

<p>JDM that so takes me back to school when we had a concrete canoe race.. (my first BA is in civil enineering :-) )<br>

This week my back has been acting up so badly i didn't touch a camara. So here's some leftovers from last week.<br>

some flower from the garden, and it was raining.</p><div>00cZVP-548098784.jpg.3727352dc2b08ae17b8596d5a78ac356.jpg</div>