Used Pentax K-30

ant_nio_marques

<p>Hi.<br>

I recently got a used Pentax K-30. Other than specks in the mirror (or ground glass?), it seems to work OK.<br>

It came only with the battery and a charger minus cord (the cord seems to be standard one, so no big issue there).<br>

The shutter count is in the 400s, according to the shutter count sites, can they be trusted?<br>

All menus seem to be working, and I have made a couple of shots which seem to be OK. The lenses I have are all oldish (FAJ 18-35, FAP 28-105, FAJ 70-300), they seem to work as well as they do on my Z-70.<br>

Is there something I should be checking? And any missing accessory I'll need?<br>

Thank you!</p>

<p>Oh, I'll go out and shoot, sure thing. I just wanted to know if there are specific K-30 gotchas when it comes to second-hand material.<br>

My choice of the K-30 was reasonably informed. I wanted a Pentax, I didn't want anything too expensive, I wanted something more photography- than glitz-oriented. Price ruled out the K5-II and the K-3, while the K-7 and earlier might be interesting on the photography-oriented thing, but are generations older. So far I seem to be liking the camera's feel, it's the possible defects that I'm wondering about.</p>

<p>I don't think the shutter count would normally be incorrect though conceivably it might be reset if camera was serviced. I don't believe this normally gets reset during normal firmware updates.</p>

<p>400 sounds super low. I would hope body is nearly pristine. Anyway, I don't think there's anything in particular to look out for; just use it and look for anything especially odd.</p>

<p> </p>