Need links to articles on creating a portfolio

<p>I have an opportunity to show/discuss my work with the curator of a corporate gallery space. If things go well, I will be able to show my work there.<br>

I have primarily concentrated my photography on landscapes, architecture, and travel.<br>

I don't currently have a formal portfolio and want to put something together quickly. I'm also thinking that it may make sense to create separate portfolios for each of the above topic areas.<br>

I'm looking for links to good articles and/or discussion threads on developing a portfolio.<br>

If anyone wants to add their own advice, I welcome that as well.<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>I'd make it simple > pluck the best work from the topics that you've mentioned. Also, and if you have the time, try to create a particular "story" within one of the topics (4-6 shots). However, if you can, try to pick the brain of the curator to figure out what specifically they are looking for.</p>

<p>Les</p>

<p>I have a number of portfolios. They are carefully put together to be thematically and/or stylistically similar. I aim them at a specific show, in other words, I have already "curated" them. This has been effective, far better than when I used a portfolio designed to show my versatility. That works for commercial jobs (sometimes) but doesn't seem to work, at least for me, for getting shows. </p>

<p>I highly recommend Cay Lang's<a href="http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Leap-second-Text-Only/dp/B004PXQ9Z8/ref=la_B001KHYV8O_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1398311839&sr=1-1"><em> Taking the Leap</em></a>. While it isn't really specific to portfolios, it does help with how you get a show.</p>

• 2 weeks later...