Can I put a Canon Lens on a Nikon Body?

conner_.

<p>I want to start getting into photography and I have been searching online for deals and I found the best deal for a Nikon D3200 camera body only and then the Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III lens. Could I put those lens on the Nikon D3200? I am very new to photography and would just like to know, thanks!</p>

It makes no sense to buy a big brand body and then use it with a different brand lens. Each maker includes info in their

bodies on how they should make the best of the characteristics of the lens. Besides that, there are two problems:

- no electric compatibility, so you lose everything that is not manual, which these days usually includes aperture.

- different flange focal distance, which may make focusing more difficult or impossible.

Using different brand lenses is something you can do when you now what you're doing. Not for a beginner.

<p>Guys, we're talking to a self-confessed beginner here. There are, technically, obscure and inferior options that you might want to consider if for some reason you wanted to match an expensive bit of Canon glass you already have to an expensive Nikon body you already have. I believe Conner is just considering buying the 75-300 (which is not, by the way, very good - I have a copy on my Canon body, but only because it wasn't worth the money to sell it). Claiming you can do this is like asking whether you can run Android on an iPhone. (It's possible, but you usually don't want to do it.)<br />

<br />

Obviously, the sensible thing is to say "no, they don't fit together". The Nikon 55-200 is a good, cheap option. If Conner wants more reach, there's the 55-300 for a still quite reasonable but slightly larger amount of money. The Nikon 70-300 VR is probably a little better, but more expensive still; consider also the Tamron 70-300 (the Nikon F-mount version, obviously).</p>

<p>There are few greater bargains than for the "kit" lenses sold for any make of camera. These are also sold on the net, often new, by people who have taken advantage of the combined camera & lens 'kit' prices to get one they didn't need.<br>

Stick with one of those for whatever body you get. Look at the manufacturer's web pages to see what the kits are. Usually the simplest one is an approximately 18-55mm lens, and the next step up is a more-or-less 55-250mm lens. These are real bargains and will cover a beginner's needs very handily. These days they even have image stabilization.</p>