Canon eos slr 35mm with good viewfinder

gareth_pillans

I have a 6d, and my eos 500 recently broke and I sold my eos 3 not too long ago.

I enjoy shooting film and I'm just looking for some recommendation on what canon slr to buy, to take advantage

of my ef lenses.

If the eos 500 had a good viewfinder and beeped to confirm focus, it would have met my needs... Cheap, easy

to manually focus, hotshoe and m mode are all I'm looking for. The eos 3 had a great viewfinder, but it was

more camera than i needed and as it wasn't my go to camera, it sat on a shelf more often than not. I was paying

for features I wasn't using. I know the eos 3 isn't expensive nowadays, but I think I could get a camera that does

what I need for less. A Nikon f80 with an eos mount would be ideal ;D haha

Things that don't matter much to me are light meter, aperture priority mode etc, aperture preview button, size,

appearance, type of battery it uses (unless they're no longer manufactured)... There'll be others but I cant think

of them atm

<p>Most of the film EOS cameras have more-than-decent viewfinders.<br /> I personally prefer the EOS 3 to all the others, but there are lots of choices going right back to the earliest models (EOS 650 and 620, if your AF quickness standards are modest - at around US$10-25 or so).</p>

<p>I reviewed a bunch of the main-stream EOS cameras in a series of posts linked to at the very end of http://www.photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00WyuM</p>

<p>Back in the day I owned an EOS 3 and Elan 7E. 90% of the time I grabbed the Elan and it worked great: petite, quiet and I loved ECF. If you can find the last Elan rendition, the 2004 Elan 7NE, it has some minor tweaks to ECF and ETTL II. I think they must be almost free now. I sold my last two Elan 7 in 2006 for $75 each and in near mint condition.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>I would avoid the original EOS 1, they are quite antiquated with slow autofocus and loud shutters compared to the later models. The later EOS 1n and EOS 1v cameras are among the best but if you didn't like the EOS 3 then you won't like any of the EOS 1 cameras.</p>

<p>P.S. Hope I haven't cost you a sale there Robert ;-)</p>

<p>The EOS-3 had the brightest viewfinder I ever experienced in a camera. It was like looking out of a window ! The only thing I didn't like about that camera was the SUPER-LOUD shutter, that's why opted for an Elan 7e when it came to casual shooting sessions. Even though the EOS-3 took better pictures...</p>