carl zeiss jena 35-200mm jenazoom a realy great surprise on my G1

<p>Hi all<br>

ive had this lens in FD fit for years bought it pre internet days. I always thought it was a good lens because it was a carl zeiss but the internet said differently so I was a bit disappointed<br>

it was described as a Japanese sigma lens "" nothing special"" and ""mediocre only a handful good"" and"" there wasn't a good one... its not sharp"" how ever I did a test with it against my GI 14-45mm and an fd fit tokina at-x 28-85mm this evening all at f5.6 just to see how bad it was,after my comparisons i would now consider them all to be sharp enough and totally usable<br>

however the zeiss is very noticeably sharper than the other 2 lenses <br>

The Tokina at-x is just a tiny tiny bit sharper than the lumix kit lens<br>

perhaps i got a good one ..the zeiss that is...but then the other 2 id consider good as well.<br>

Id definitely recommend this zeiss and i think of it very differently now its definitely not mediocre to me<br>

that's for sure<br>

regards Andrew</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Carl Zeiss Jena is not the same Zeiss that makes the Hasselblad and now other lenses.<br>

Carl Zeiss Jena (CZJ) was the (former) East German company. The other Zeiss is from the (former) West Germany. CZJ were very competitive against the west and made optical products of quite high quality. </p>