Bleeping CVS!

<p>So I shot a roll of Kodak Max 400 last week, and dropped it off to CVS to be "sent out". It came back today. NO [EXPLETIVE] NEGATIVES. They give you a CD, though. 2.8 (that's two-point-eight) megapixels. Damn thing was, one of them was really good, and I doubt I can find the subject for a reshoot.</p>

<p>I find nothing on their site about this, but I recovered the 'claim check' from my recycling bin, and it does say, "Negatives will not be returned." WHO LOOKS AT THAT THING? Seriously. The clerks tell you, "You don't need that to pick up your order." Further, it does say that you get a CD, but nowhere is the resolution listed. The old Kodak CDs (which CVS lists) had at least a 6.1 mp file, and some had a 12(?) mp.</p>

<p>End of today's rant.</p>

<p>Umm... that sucks for sure. Walmart has had that same "method" for quite a while now. I feel for you man, but hey, it IS CVS. That is why there are plenty of PRO labs still around, and why I NEVER use such a place as CVS or Wally World. Work directly with "Dwaynes" or "The Darkroom" or "North Coast Photography Supply" and you will end these kind of problems.</p>

<p>Uh, I just sent a roll of 120 (6x6) to a mail-order lab that has been around for some time. Got it back on Saturday. Well, not <em>it</em> exactly--what I got was a roll of 6x9 negs from what looks like an old folder with half the bellows missing. They are now looking for <em>my</em> roll.</p>

<p>That's why I had to switch to digital. When I send in my film for processing all I care is the negative. If they mess up making the print I am not upset at all. Not returning the negative means not giving me anything for my film and money. </p>

<p>I've started developing my own B&W. May try to do color as well. It's definitely cheaper (my photo store charges more for B&W because they only process C-41 in house) and I can do four rolls at once with my "new" Nikor tank.<br>

I'm lucky to have access to a V600 scanner at work.</p>

<p>BeBu,<br>

My point isn't intended to take such an extremes to switch mediums. Switching mediums for this purpose is not necessary. My point is, move on to another Lab. A Lab that returns negatives. There are plenty of Labs that return negatives. Now, I understand there are regions in the country that are losing Labs, but we've known that, and have made the adjustments. The issue boils down to, how passionate is one to film.</p>

• 1 year later...