Paper size

<p>I just got my first camera, a Samsung WB350F for my birthday. In setting the initial settings it's asking me for a paper size. I search paper size on the net and understand it somewhat. Question: For a first time user and novice, what setting should I set it too. A1 - A2 - or something else?</p>

<p>This might not be about setting a printing default, if this selection is located in the initial camera's set-up.</p>

<p>I think that you might be setting the camera's file RESOLUTION. That is to say you are setting the digital <strong>file size </strong>that the camera will capture when you make a picture. <strong>I think that you need to double-check what you actually are setting.</strong></p>

<p>If you are setting the RESOLUTION - probably the camera's LCD or the Instruction Manual refers that RESOLUTION to a “paper size” to give you an idea of how big you can print the image and still get good quality. "A1" Paper Size is quite big, just a bit bigger than a 30 x 20 (inch) Photograph, so that is probably aligned to the largest resolution possible.</p>

<p>In simple terms, the larger the resolution that you capture the fewer images you will be able to capture on any one sized card: but the larger the resolution you capture the better quality image you will have suitable for larger printing.</p>

<p>WW</p>

<p><a href="http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201406/20140625095629423/WB350F_English.pdf">Page 67 of the user manual is the relevant section here</a>. It's not really asking you for paper size. It's asking you to set a default shooting resolution. <br /> Bill, you should be using the highest resolution available to you, in this case you should be selecting the <strong>16M</strong> icon.</p>