Photoshop not correcting vertical orientation

<p>All of a sudden my CS3 version of Photoshop is not automatically correcting the orientation of photos shot in vertical. Obviously in a shoot of 500 images it is time consuming to go through each photo or groups and correct the orientation. And then if I do correct the orientation manually in bridge, the clockwise doesn't work and the counterclockwise arrow spins image clockwise and then counterclockwise to get to the proper orientation. Furthermore, after correcting orientation manually, when I close out program and then go back to program later, the orientation is incorrect again. Any suggestions how to correct this problem other than buying the latest version? Oh, if it makes a difference, I'm using a Nikon D-300 and shooting in raw. I converted the images from NEF to DNG in Adobe camera raw 4.4 DNG converter. Thank you for help.</p>

<p>Have you reset or changed preferences on either your camera or in PS or gone to newer or upgraded OS?</p>

<p>I have both my camera and PS purposely set not to rotate anything unless I tell it to, but I've had things set this way for so long, I'm not sure where the preference settings for this are, but they are there in the menus.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I found that orientation correction problem occured for me when I copy image files to the PC WITHOUT using the Canon supplied software for doing such ( Zoombrowser).</p>

<p>Therefore, if you copy files to your computer using the Nikon supplied software, it could eliminate this problem your having.</p>

<p>In the cameras I have owned I have always NOT used the camera auto rotation and manually corrected the image in whatever program I use to post image adjust. I have found that some viewing programs use the EXIF information and some do not and by doing it manually I never have any problems with the image orientation.</p>