rain covers, nikon d3 and co

<p>hi there</p>

<p>i know this has been discussed many times but i did not really find something i was happy with</p>

<p>i need a rain cover for large sized nikon dslrs, d3 and siblings<br /> this raincover has to work with ultra wide angle lenses and standard zooms, lets say<br /> 17-35<br /> 24-70<br /> and if possible<br /> 14-24 too</p>

<p>i am getting one mainly because the 17-35 f2.8 hasn't got real dust and water protection.</p>

<p>it needs to have the possibility to mount it on a tripod and it has to withstand all dust and rain..<br /> not that i want to throw it in a pond but i am talking monsun like rain.</p>

<p>when lookin at pages like aquatech and stuff i couldnt get any info wether those raincovers would allow <br /> me to mount the camera on magic arms or tripods. i might have overread it though.</p>

<p>wind is going to be an issue, i guess. especially with long exposures since all the cloth works like a sail..<br /> any experience on that issue?</p>

<p>what i dnt need is something that has to be fixated like a filter or something since i want to use<br /> lee filters.</p>

<p>some help would be highly appreciated!<br /> thanks in advance and sorry for repeating this question.</p>

<p>cheers<br /> norbert</p>

ThinkTANK Photo Hydrophobia here for me too. I've used mine in hard, driving rainstorms in summer and winter. I've

even used one to protect a D3s used as a remote camera, mounted on a tripod, triggered by a PocketWizard MultiMAX in

intervalometer mode, set out in a really bad rain storm to document flooding from a construction site for a client.