Unknown Vericolor 120 Film

<p>I try to decide on what to do with this roll of 120 film. This roll of film does not have the wrapper. It is just taped at the beginning. On the paper head, it only says Kodak Vericolor 120. I unrolled the film to the arrow mark, but did not see anything else.<br>

I'd like to try this film. Should I just assume that this is a ISO 100 120 print film? I think the slide film has to write the "slide film" at the header.</p>

<p>The last time I tried outdated Vericolor it was only a few years out of date, around the mid to late 1990s. By contemporary hipster standards which prize flaws as retro chic, it was beautiful stuff. Not accurate or even sharp, but the soft contrast and color shift was very appealing. To this day I'm still trying to mimic the look of that expired Vericolor.</p>

<p>Fog on my rolls of expired Vericolor seemed low. Yours will probably be much higher, so don't expect much sharpness or contrast. But the look may be appealing.</p>

<p>Vericolor was Kodak's first C-41 processes "portrait" film. So it would be low contrast and low saturation by the standards of the day -- and that wasn't the "high saturation" era for color print films.<br>

It was not noted for great dye stability. Vericolor II addressed that, and was followed by Vericolor III. <br>

A good roll of Kodacolor II or Vericolor has a creamy mellow color palette that no current film offers.</p>

<p>I'll only get it processed if it is a C-41 film. If this film is this old, it is not worth the $$ to get it processed if it costs any extra. I found this film inside a film back. Probably the start of the film is already exposed..... Or I should just throw it away?</p>

<p>If Ron Andrews is right & your Vericolor is the old C-22 process.... Thrash it!<br /> Because C-22 was a low temperature process compare to C-41 & your film emulsion will melt away leaving a amber film base, been there done that !<br /> If you still want to experiment try processing it yourself in traditional b&w result were unusable then but today you might be able to scan & photoshop something out of a complete dense flat film strip.. looking at film you will probably barely distinguish anything through.<br /> Long ago I did experiment with Ektachrome E-4 process in B&W developer then reprocess in C-22. Film was dense & flat needing 10+ minutes exposure at enlarger for a 8x10 print, but ISO obtained was out of 1976 world ! lol</p>

<p>I believe some have done C-22 in cooler C41 chemistry, but I don't know the times.<br>

That would only be worth doing if you already had the chemicals.<br>

There is plenty of old C41 film on eBay for low prices. </p>

-- glen