Options for adjustable parabolic reflective umbrella

ksporry

Guys,

I'm looking for options for adjustable parabolic umbrellas/reflectors.

Ideally I'd like a broncolor para88, but the price of that one is waaaaay out of my league!

So if I could find something similar that would be great. Ideally around 3-4' max.

There are some Chinese brands that do affordable parabolics, but those are 6' or more, which is too big.

So, I was hoping you guys could give me some recommendations.

Thanks!

<p>I checked them out, and I'm kinda curious, they are not as deep as the broncolor para's. So I imagine that they won't give the same range of efefcts as the broncolor's.<br>

I looked at this video Karl Taylor did, where he compared the different settings on different sizes, which is why I liked the para-88 so much. Of course I should probably try what I can achieve with the PLMs, but I would imagine the effects would be very different, right?</p>

<p>I'm thinking of the curvature. The curvature will affect how the light is focussed on reflection. If the curvature is very shallow, that means it's quite concentrated. Moving the strobe head from/to the umbrella's inner surface should not result in a significant change in how the parabola focuses the light. <br>

Have a look at this link:<br>

http://fstoppers.com/what-is-the-difference-between-a-parabolic-reflector-a-beauty-dish-and-an-octobox<br>

You can see that size and shape definitely affect the light effect.</p>

<p>Hi Michael, that's what I was getting at. So far, besides the epxensive profoto and broncolor options, I have only seen 2 affordable options here in China ( I think ebay and some retailers, have the same options under different brand names). They are greta value fo rmoney, but the smallest option is 180cm, which is bigger than I want (I have limited space, which is another reason why I prefer one that's around the same size of the para-88, but is still a deep parabolic shape)</p>