A replacement for Efke CHS 25 in 120?

tim_bradshaw1

<p>I have just been printing from some of my last rolls of this, and it's just wonderful stuff: I won't miss how curly and painful it is to handle, but the image quality is just lovely: it's almost as fine-grain as 4x5 FP4. And I have one, partly-used, roll left.</p>

<p>Does anyone who has used CHS25 have recommendations for what I might use to replace it? I want something available in 120 (4x5 would be nice too, 35mm would be a bonus but don't need it), that doesn't need weird chemistry (which I think their CMS20 does), slow is fine, very fine grain, reasonably available. I know about Pan F though I've not used it for a while, and I'm going to try a few rolls of that, so I'm looking for suggestions that aren't that.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>--tim</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>I am using Rollei PAN 25 instead of ADOX CHS 25 and it works well for me. I was happy with the results in (semi) stand development and Rollei PAN 25 doesn't appear to scratch so easily as the ADOX CHS films did. Here is an example: http://monochrome.me.uk/blog/bridge-over-the-river-ijssel/<br /> BTW, ADOX CHS 25 is not the same as ADOX CMS 20.</p>

<p>Hans: that looks great if it's from a 6x4.5 neg! I will try some of that.</p>

<p>Yes my article was confused about the films: I meant CHS 25 (which is no longer made I think), but at various points I said CHS 20, which never existed as far as I know, and could be confused with CMS 20 which does but which I have never used (and which needs its own chemistry, I think).</p>

Both Adox CHS 25 and the Rollei Pan 25 were Efke 25 Fotokemika production where the Rollei got a better QC

inspection at Fotokemika.

Left for any regular RPX 25 production: Ilford/Harman or OrWo Filmotec (NP15). Interesting how this RPX 25 will

preforming against PanF+ and retro 80s (also Rollei but Agfa Gevaert production).

• 3 months later...

<p>If you need Efke film with ISO25 I have some for sale.I have some 4x5" format,only few rolls of 120 medium format and lots of 35mm format.Expiry dates are 04/2014,07/2014 and 09/2014.<br>

If you are interested you can contact me at leomadunic@yahoo.com.<br>

Thanks.<br>

Leo.</p>