<p>I want to buy a ultrabook (NoTablet/Phablet please)<br>

screen size 11-13"apprx, weight less than 1.5 kg, batt. life very good.<br>

it shud be a full laptop replacement but light weight.<br>

I want USB 3.0 port also.<br>

pl giv suggessions.<br>

Shud I buy with touch screen or not?<br>

Shud I go for convertible or not?<br>

HDD of big capacity not required. I will copy data on External.<br>

Sony, Lenove-Yoga, Samsung series 9, Toshiba Kria many models available. which to buy and why?<br>

Or any suggesstions by you r welcome.<br>

Pl help.</p>

<p>I too am struggling to find a suitable laptop for traveling. My trusty Toshiba Portege R500 suited my purposes just fine; it runs in Windows XP, has a 12" screen, DVD RW, weighs 1.1 Kg, has 2x 2.0 USBs, SD card reader and many more desirable features. Unfortunately it is starting to fail with several components now not working so I have been searching for a replacement.<br>

My spec is similar to yours but so far I have not found a suitable alternative. The MacBook Air is, as JDM suggests, the best so far but I am not keen to go to Apple as all my other computers are Windows based.<br>

My spec includes: Small screen ~ 13" , Windows 7 pro 64bit OS, weight under 1.4 Kg, at least one 3.0 USB, SD card reader, at least 4GB of ram, good CPU Intel i.e. >i5 & >2 GHz speed, > 100GB drive, DVD RW (not essential). I do not need a touch screen (hopeless on a laptop, and no good for fine post photo work) and I am not interested in W8.1. It must be WiFi enabled.<br>

As you can see I am not asking the World but just a update equivalent of my Toshiba. So far I have found:<br>

1. HP EliteBook 840 GI,<br>

2. Toshiba Portege R930, <br>

3. Fujitsu LifeBook P771,<br>

4. Dell Latitude 12 7000 series,<br>

5. Asus e2e PC 1201 T.<br>

None really match my needs fully so I am still looking, maybe I will have to compromise but I don't see why I should. Let the forum know if you do find what you are looking for and I will do the same.</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>but I am not keen to go to Apple as all my other computers are Windows based.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>From necessity, the Macs work pretty well in an otherwise Windows world. Although I am an old Macmujihad (مجاهد‎) from 1984, I spent nearly 6 years of my life working all day on a Windows machine in my office and bringing my work home to work (with the same software in most cases) in the evening at home on my beloved Macs. Next morning, I just loaded the files back on to the PC at the office and continued from there.<br /> Lots of true-blue Windows users actually use Mac laptops, some even openly.</p>

<p>The real danger in mixing is a moral one. Many who start out with a Mac laptop have ended up going to Mac all the time. If you have a strong puritan strain, however, you can withstand these temptations (put thee behind me, Mac).</p>

<p>;)</p>

<p>I guess that I have dabbled with Apple in as much as I do have an iPad. I got it in part to see if it was a suitable alternative for my aging Toshiba laptop for processing my photos when away from home. Unfortunately it was NOT. It was superb for internet aspects and showing my photos that I had edited on my laptop but it was no good at all for Photoshop and photo editing. I am afraid it added to my reluctance to go entirely over to Apple products.<br>

In my search for a replacement I have found that Toshiba do do a pretty good one. It is the Toshiba Portege model Z930-151 which is available in the UK at about £860 inc tax. </p>

<p>Honestly, I can't think that <em>any</em> successful tablet product will ever work well as a laptop replacement, even if a keyboard, etc. can be plugged on.</p>

<p>It's for different purposes and different kinds of use than Photoshop processing, for example. To the extent that a tablet emulates a laptop, it fails at being both a tablet and a laptop, so far as I can see.</p>

>>> It was superb for internet aspects and showing my photos that I had edited on my laptop but it was no

good at all for Photoshop and photo editing. <p>

I'm kind of bummed my <a href = "http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Afmr6Wm8xHQ/UDzsRYNHlSI/AAAAAAAAAag/FxZfgx6XtZ8/s1600/ford-gt+wallpaper.jpg">Ford GT</a> wouldn't haul furniture as well as my Ford F-150. Fortunately, the dealer took the GT back...

www.citysnaps.net