Is D610 with 2 oil spots from the beginning normal?

jason_min

<p>I'd go and find one of the earliest JPEGs you can find from this camera and determine the shuttercount.</p>

<p>Then I'd import it into something like PS and increase the contrast to try and see the early muck....you may see evidence of the scratch if it was there then too.</p>

<p>Equally, go and find the 2 frames either side of the technician's cleaning and inspect them for evidence.</p>

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>ib, I can't tell anything about what your problem is from that image - it doesn't look unusual at this low resolution - but Mike's got the obvious answer. Figure out the date you had the camera cleaned and look at close ups of images from immediately before and after. If you can find evidence of a scratch after but not before, you know the technician damaged the camera. OTOH, if you see that your first shot with the camera had more than a few dozen shutter count, it might have been used before you bought it. (It's normal to have some shutter count, because the camera may have some tests done at the factory.) When you bought it from Amazon, was it actually sold by Amazon from Amazon's new inventory or was it sold through an Amazon page by a 3rd party seller?</p>

<p>Since a scratch on a sensor would be the sort of thing normally caused by user carelessness, and the camera is 11 months old, I don't think it's unreasonable for Nikon to all this a repair of a damaged product rather than a warranty service.</p>