Lens cleaning cloths

<p>They are all microfiber cloths and should be fine. </p>

<p>About twelve years ago, I met a shooter for Architectural Digest on an assignment. He used his t-shirt on a ridiculously expensive Hasselbald lens. I've never really worried since then, although because of the circumstances I usually shoot in, I use filters. But I wipe the filters with glasses cloths or whatever and have never had any problems.</p>

<p>I would add that sometimes my filters get super dirty due to beer, sweat and sometimes blood, and I've never noticed it in the photos, even at 100%. There's a lot of angst about lens cleanliness that's probably misplaced.</p>

<p>David, all these cleaning cloths are variations of microfiber cloths differing only in filament diameter for different applications. For example, microfiber cloths used in automotive detailing will have courser filaments than those used for lens cleaning due to the anticipated debris size and viscosity of oils expected, so yes, cloths used for eyeglasses are similar to, and usable for cleaning photographic lenses. </p>

<p>I blow on the lens to clean the dust. Then breathe on it and remove the condensate with a clean cotton handkerchief using a light circular motion. If it's real bad with grease than ROR or some other liquid cleaner works well too. Actually T shirts work well too but they sometimes leave lint that you have to blow off again.</p>

<p>I have scratched a few pair of glasses using the T shirt I was wearing because a little dirt was on the glasses or T shirt. Since those days I run the glasses under running water gently cleaning with a paper towel under the running water, then dry with tissue. If only they could water proof the camera, lens and electronics so I could run it under the faucet, I would be in great shape.</p>
Cheers, Mark