A suggestion or comparison which canon body to buy

nurullahkose1

<p> I am trying to choose a canon body. I have some Canon lenses(EF 100 F/2.8 Macro;EF-S 18-55;EF 28-135; EF 75-300).The movie is not in my consideration. I am in between three bodies: (Eos 60D, Rebel T5i, Rebel sl1/eos 100D). These bodies seem that having very near properties for me but prices are not. So I need a help which one to choose & why?<br>

Thanks...</p>

<p>The three bodies you list, while giving you the same 18 MP images, will be very different in their handling. The 100D is a very small DSLR. Canon bills it as "The World's Smallest and Lightest DSLR".. The t5i is larger than the 100D, but still is a "compact" camera. The 60D is the largest of this group.</p>

<p>The only way for <em><strong>you</strong> </em>to decide is to see if you can handle and operate the three different cameras, and find the one that is the most comfortable for you to handle.</p>

<p>Among the Eos 60D, Rebel T5i, and Rebel sl1/eos 100D, the choice really comes down to knowing some things about <em>your </em>photography and your intentions. Any of the three could be right for you and all of them are fine cameras. There is no objective way to declare one or the other to be the "best" for your purposes without knowing anything about your shooting.<br>

<br>

The Rebel "t" series cameras are quite competent, and the most current versions provide all of the features that the vast majority of DSLR shooters will need. It is reasonably small and the price is good. There is no substantial difference between it and the other three in terms of the quality of the photographs it can produce. When it comes to DSLRs, I'm betting that Canon sells more of these "t" type bodies than any other, and you'll see a <em>ton </em>of them out and about.<br>

<br>

The primary virtue of the SL1 is its very small size - the smallest DSLR body that Canon makes. In may other ways it is largely similar to the "t" bodies, so if the small size appeals to you - and there are reasons that it might - you might consider this lens. (While big DSLR bodies can "look pro," unless you need the features that only come in the larger bodies, most users will find that smaller size and lighter weight are real virtues.)<br>

<br>

The 60D is one of the non-Rebel DSLRs that upgrades the camera features a bit. It belongs to what some call the "X0D" series of Canon bodies, which sit between the Rebels and more expensive models such as the 7D or full frame bodies. It adds a few features that are not in the other cameras, like an articulating screen. In many ways, though, it is not that much different from the Rebel series bodies.</p>

<p>If you're already used to the "Rebel" (XXXD, TXi) format and controls, the T5i will be familiar to you.<br>

Otherwise many of us prefer the more outside-the-menus control system of the XXD and XD cameras. The 60D has that kind of control system and the new 70D looks pretty swell too, for not much more.<br>

The SL1 (100) is for compactness and video, it seems. <br>

If you went to a 35mm format, your 28-135mm would replace the EF-S (APS-C format only) 18-55 for 'normal shooting' and you could easily sell the 18-55. More money of course, but used ones would be in the same sort of price range for the older models.</p>

<p> I am very pleased with responses for my question; so I thank to all contributors. I think I should give some more information. I have Canon 500D with those lenses that I mentioned above. I want to capture better images that I do before. Although I did not get any course; I read some photography books. As if I came to some limitation or not improving point. So I decided to change my camera. But I believe that camera industry will go to mirorless side. So I will not spend much money now. I am on side Canon 60D with those contributions above. I want to buy a lens with it. There is a kit lens 18-135. otherwise I dont have any wide angle. Which wide angle may I choose with a reasonable price. </p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I started with a 350D way back in 2005, and upgraded this to a 400D a year later,as I wanted RAW as well as JPEG. However, I found the viewfinder of the 400D (I don't know its Rebel designation) small and notvery bright, so reluctantly I upgraded to a 40D in 2007. I have now used this camera for over six years and have been extremely pleased with it. My basic lens was originally the 18-85 IS lens, which I bought with my 350D. It is adequate but not superb. About a year ago I bought the 15 - 85 mm lens, and I find this very good. I kept my 40D as I could see little improvement in the 50D and 60D, and I couldn't afford a 7D which really impressed me.<br>

However, I have to admit a month ago I succumbed to the 70D, that with the 15 -85 mm lens is in my opinion ones best bet, unless one goes to a full frame body. Not only can I not afford one, but my EF-S lenses would be of no use.</p>