recommendation for 35mm and 120 film scanner?

Hi,

Does anyone have a recommendation for any 35mm/120 film scanner?

I've been looking for one, having been shooting 35mm and 120 film, black-and-white and color. I have film going

back to the 1970s, so some kind of batch processing is a must.

It looks like the Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanner would do the job, I like its ability to scan sheets of

film. However, I can't tell from the documentation if it would be compatible with my MAC OS 10.7.5 system or if a

driver for it is available.

Does anyone who has the V700 give some feedback on its use?

All recommendations appreciated. Thank you. --Sally

<p>you wont find a Coolscan 9000 for under a grand. </p>

<p>I use a coolscan 4000 for 35mm and epson flatbed 3200 for mf and 4x5. I have a coolscan 5000 new in box I purchased to upgrade the 4000 5-6 years ago, but shortly after I bought it Nikon stopped making and the prices went sky high, so I am holding the 5000 as an investment opportunity.</p>

<p>Bela has it. I haven't looked at price lately, but they were $2000 new and now they're asking $4K USD? That's pretty amazing. Also you could look for the model before the Nikon Coolscan 8000. Its older now, but if in good shape is excellent and should be less. Good luck.</p>

<p>The Epson V700 should work with the newer Mac OS, 10.7, 10.8. If the drivers that come with the packaged CD are not the latest, you can update here:<br>

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=66172&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X8<br>

I have the V700, but haven't used it for a while, since updating to 10.8. I need to get it out of the closet and update myself.</p>

<p>I recently purchased a CanoScan 9000F Mark II - I use it with VueScan on Mac OS X 10.7 and have yet to regret my choice. <br /><br />For $300, it's an amazing negative scanner (so far as I have seen) and about as good at scanning documents as any other decent scanner on the market.<br>

<br />If you've not the thousands to throw at a proper scanner, it's the choice I'd recommend.<br>

<a href="http://imgur.com/52Ue0PN">An example, because the internet loves cats. </a></p>

<p>I had the Epson but move to the Nikon 9000 just before it was discontinued. The Epson can give good results but it is very time consuming. If you scan wet and work with care you will get a good image from the Epson. I made the change because the Nikon gets (slightly) better results much quicker and easier. With 120 film both scanners need some care (especially 6x8 or 6x9) but the Nikon is much less effort for 35mm scans.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>I own the Dimage Multi Scanner Pro that I have not used since I went digital back when Minolta died and I had to switch to Canon when my Maxxum 9 was stolen along with all lenses.<br>

<br /> I have lost the 35mm tray and slide tray. I really want to rescan old negatives (lost everything in a crash - learned my lesson).<br>

I would like to buy the trays from someone who may have a on working Scan Multi Pro.<br>

I really don't want to buy another scanner when there is almost no usage on the unit.</p>