Zone System doubts

ramiro_aceves

While I agree with what Steve has said, I would clarify one thing. Adams was almost always successful with getting all the zones to fit on film and paper using his exposure and development system. The main reason he did so much burning and dodging was because he just liked a certain look that was often a �departure from reality� according to his own aesthetic vision.

Many people (and Adams himself) noted that his interpretation (printing) changed over the years even for the same negative. In later years he often printed darker with more contrast than he did early in his life, which is not totally surprising given the changes in general artistic styles over those years.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told that the program uploads are bad. No surprise to me. Here is the Family of Curves program again. I sent it to Ramiro to test and he said it opened if you change the directory name to c:\program

files\CurveFamilies. If I get some feedback to the success of it working, then I'll try again with the input program.

So Stephen when do we get the program with the input part? I think you have done an excellent job with this program. As much as I loath testing I find that some times I have to do so, and your program is outstanding for gathering all the data and presenting it in a wonderful visual and data based format. I actually think you should work on it a little bit more and offer it as shareware, and maybe charge $20 for the download. It sure beats the heck of having to make the curves by hand or fighting with xcel.

Well everybody here knows what my opinion is about testing, I would rather stick my.... in a blender, but I have to admit that Stephen's program removes 80% of the drudgery of testing and plotting. Heck I might even go as far as saying is almost fun!....ok, maybe not fun but certainly I am glad Stephen has been generous in sharing this program with us. Try it, I think most will be very impressed and will love the program.