recovery software, can I use RecoverX with sandisk or is it just for transcend cards?

<p>Need to recover data from a sandisk 16gb ultra sdhc1 card used in my canon 6D digital slr. Using a mac with 10.6.8 operating system. Once before I had problems with a transcend card and used RecoverX data recovery software, which was downloaded from the transcend website. Can I use the RecoverX with the sandisk or is it somehow just for transcend cards, it was free. Is there software you can recommend, is free software as good as the ones you pay for, does it matter which recovery software I use? Got a couple of different error code messages, 36 and 43, I think. Thanks, these are canon raw images, and very important to me, Virginia</p>

<p>well, I tried the recoverx software from the transcend website, as i was somewhat familiar with it, and it seemed to work just fine with the sandisk, recovered 1300 files, and only one looks damaged, however, it took much longer than I thought for a 16gb card, over nine hours! thanks for the suggestions, virginia</p>

• 5 months later...