This is wrong, no prong!

Member69643

<p>I came across a nice enough 200mm f4 pre-AI a week or so ago in a local camera shop. I walked away with it and tested it out on my D3000, worked great. So I popped it in my bag with my F2 and headed off to shoot. Went to mount it, and whoa! No prong! Someone had removed the meter coupling prong. Probably was hitting the prism of a DSLR or something. It looks like it was carefully removed, not snapped off.</p>

<p>So where oh where can an old film guy get himself a prong?</p>

<p>Don't forget, you'll need the screws too.</p>

<p>I think you'll probably have to steal them from something else - maybe buy some old extension tubes or some such for looting. You might check at the store where you bought it.</p>

<p>John White ( http://www.aiconversions.com/ ) does pre-ai>ai conversions, so maybe he has some spare 'prongs' in a box somewhere. In my experience, he's always been very helpful.</p>

<p>"Good Show," Ian.</p>

<p>I sent a prong to a PN poster for free & he badgered the dickens out of me for another.<br>

(Not Sent from my iPhone.)<br>

(Not Sent from my iPhone.) <--------(Get It?)</p>

<p>Sorry, I just read the polariod thread on the "Classic Camera" section.<br /><br /></p>

<p>They are still available new from Nikon spares (at least in the UK). I got a 35-70mm F3.5 -4.5 AIS Nikkor off of ebay last month that was missing the prong & a new one only cost £5. Second lens I have got off of ebay that has been missing one. Unless I fix my FTN prism I doubt if I will ever use one but for me a m/f Nikkor doesn't look right without it.</p>