Canon 5D Mark III firmware v1.2.1 update

gerald_wallace

<p>I wanted to update the subject camera with the latest firmware but I'm having a problem.<br>

I downloaded the firmware onto a memory card and placed the memory card in the camera.<br>

When I go to the current version and depress the set button there is do update, the current (old) version is shown.<br>

I can use your help in how to transfer the updated software to the camera - what am I missing?<br>

(I could not find a 'how to' in the Canon manual).<br>

Thanks for your help.</p>

<p>It'll show the old version, then you push the button again and it should start the install process. Did you push the button a second time.</p>

<p>Also, did you reformat the card before loading the firmware update onto it? If there's other stuff on the card, the camera may not see the update.</p>

<p>Hi All.<br>

First, thank you all for your inputs/help. My second attempt (after reading your inputs) to update the firmware in my camera was successful. I needed to slow down and pay attention to what I was doing. The problem during my first attempt was that I never really copied the correct software on to my SD card or the card was not empty during the first try.<br>

During the second try I did the same thing as the first except made sure I had a properly formatted (empty) SD card. As you know, the download takes several minutes and again, was successful.<br>

<br />Thanks to you all for your help.</p>