Follow up to D600 focus Issue

r._bond

<p>What I would do is to call back to Nikon and complain. I would ask to speak to the manager of the facility. I would explain the problem clearly and unemotionally to him/her and tell them I find this level of service unacceptable. There is no excuse for factory trained technicians to be this sloppy, and no reason that Nikon Quality control did not catch the problem before it left the repair facility, especially on a return. The problem stands out, if not like a sore thumb, at least a dirty one.</p>

<p>Then I would call Nikon USA and ask who is the CEO of the company and what is his/her mailing address. Follow up with a letter to the CEO; with all the posts here, the letter is almost written. Be polite and concise; include copies of your work orders. The CEO may never see your letter, but someone well up the food chain at Nikon probably will. Here is a link to Nikon corporate contact information:<br>

<a href="http://www.nikonusa.com/en/About-Nikon/Contact-Us.page">http://www.nikonusa.com/en/About-Nikon/Contact-Us.page</a></p>

<p>Of course all this assumes that Nikon actually cares about their non-professional photographer customers.</p>

<p>Your post and <a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00bv7y" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00bv7y</a> are quite troubling. They suggest a systemic problem at Nikon USA repair.</p>

<p> </p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>I sent back in my camera for the 3rd time. I received a call Friday from the service department saying it is in perfectly fine condition. I've never noticed darker corners and like I'm looking through a screen before on my D600 (let alone my other 2 nikons) prior to sending it to them to be repaired. So, it is normal when looking through the viewfinder, to see some sort of pattern? They sent it back to me without being repaired. I at least hope they cleaned off the specs they left from the first time they sent it back to me, which were extremely noticeable and weren't cleaned off the 2nd time (even though they cleaned it).</p>

<p>I will. My camera was actually sent directly to the service department manager, and I've spoken with quite a few supervisors. What I don't understand, is why they say my camera is perfectly fine, but when I look through the viewfinder I see a faint screen pattern and darker corners, which they say is normal. They said they even compared it to a brand new D600. I've had this camera since December and not once noticed this before, and I've had both the D7000 and D90 and never once noticed a screen pattern. i'm just really confused right now. </p>

<p>In that case, can you find another D600 to compare yourself? It is best if you can find a local camera store so that there is another D600 you can look at, and also let them check out your D600. I would also check your D600's viewfinder without any lens attached onto the camera against some light. Make sure that you have a fully charged battery inside the D600 or its viewfinder would go dim and blurry without any battery.</p>

<p>If you have a lens on, any vignetting may come from the lens.</p>

<p>Cleaning the focusing screen should be something very trivial for a Nikon technician to perform. I kind of doubt that they would simply blow you off.</p>

<p>Hi Rachel,</p>

<p>This last problem - darker corners - sounds different than your original complaint of smudges in the corners. It almost sounds like vignetting, which is a function of the lens or lens/lens hood or filter.</p>

<p>What lens are you using? Does it have a hood on? Does it have a filter on?</p>

<p>Oops, sorry Shun, I should have read your post completely before posting. You caught the vignetting possibility before I did.</p>