downloading images to Photo.Net

ryourth

Photo.Net will not accept images from my Canon EOS 6D Digital camera while accepting images submitted with my

Canon EOS 7D camera. To me, this indicates a problem with the 6D camera but Canon insists the problem lies

elsewhere.Has anyone else had this problem. Thanks Regards ROSS

<p>What do you mean, "accept images?" What file format are you trying to <strong>up</strong>load? Are you working with a file right out of the camera, or are you processing and creating jpgs?</p>

<p>In other words, more details about your procedure are required in order to provide useful suggestions.</p>

HI GARY_Thanks for your interest.I transfer the images from the camera to Photoshop Elements 10 & after processing create a jpg file & transfer to a separate file.Normally I would then transfer individual images to Photo.Net .. Photo. Net refused to accept the image with this message,"We had a problem,processing your image. There was a problem with the data base". Canon maintains there is no data base in the camera.Is not all the exposure info attached to each image before leaving the camera & could this not be where the problem originates..Hope my problem is clear now. Regards-Ross

<p>The database referred to in the photo.net message is the photo.net database, not a reference to any non-existent camera or image "database".</p>

<p>It's a generic error message which really doesn't tell you what's wrong, just that there has been an error. I presume you get the same error message every time you try to upload an image to your gallery?</p>

<p>The data attached to the image is the EXIF data. I suppose it's possible that there's an issue with that data, but that's not what the error message is specifically referencing.</p>

<p>Can you attach one of your images to a message here? Does that give the same error message?</p>

<p>I'm not sure. Photo.net does have multiple servers, but they should all respond in the same way.</p>

<p>Looks like something that Jin Choi may need to look into. Jin is the System/Programming Admin and knows the ins and outs of the servers and the exact meaning of server error messages.</p>

Hi Bob-We know more than before: The 6d creates good & properly constructed files with trouble free handling except in one case, downloading files to Photo. NET .Have never had problems with any of my different cameras The only thing that has changed now is my new camera ,& the old firmware version of 2.0.3 has been replaced with version 1.0.3.Could this possibly be a factor-Ross

<p>Do we know the files are a problem? I had no problems at all uploading the file you sent, so it doesn't appear to be a file or a photo.net issue. It seems to be an issue uploading that file from your PC, but not from mine.</p>

<p>Quite puzzling. </p>

BOB- I have no problem downloading these files to other sites We know these files are OK..However Photo.Net will not accept them. I do not understand their error message,_"Back up your browser & correct the problem" Back up to what? Have no idea what the problem is. They say it is a data problem. Where is the data problem.,. I have no idea & it would not matter, I have no idea how to correct it, I'm not a tech person. Regards-Ross

hi Bob It is not a problem with my PC,if it was I could not down load with my 7D. You have checked out all the different systems they are OK.That only leaves the 6D. Is it possible the problem lies with the data associated with each image in the 6D. Regards-Ross