<p>You need a printer with built-in scanner for film 135 and 120/220 film type.<br /> Of cource you can get separate scanner and printer.<br /> Most any computer will do the job.</p>

<p>There are multifunction printers that have built-in scanners, fax, Wi-Fi connection for wireless printing etc.<br>

They can possibly scan and print without use of a computer.</p>

<p>Printing on an inkjet printer at home is expensive and frustrating.</p>

<p>Better to scan your negatives and send the digital files out for printing on photographic paper. Your scans are just like the digital camera files so prints are cheap and easy.</p>

<p>I use Costco who only charge 10 cents for a 4"x6", 89 cents for 5x7 and $1.99 for 8x10 or 8x12.</p>

<p>For square formats like 6x6 I change the canvas size in Photoshop to a rectangle with white ends. Then I just cut off the ends of the prints and get cheap square pictures.</p>

<p>I should add that I think photo paper prints are much more beautiful than inkjet prints.</p>

<p>You can also get digital prints on true black and white photo paper, including at mpix.com and Digital Silver Imaging. This should give excellent blacks, true grey scale tracking (no color casts), and more stable prints.<br>

Browse the "Digital Darkroom" forum here at photo.net to learn more about this whole printing work flow.</p>

<p>That's what the whole "Digital Darkroom" forum here at photo.net is about. Browse it and learn.<br>

There are also vendors who will digitally expose true silver B&W photo paper. For instance mpix.com and Digital Silver Imaging. Such papers are more archival than RA-4 color papers, more likely to hold a pure grey scale (no color cast), and should give you slightly blacker blacks.<br>

I greatly prefer the digital darkroom to the wet one for printing.</p>