record price for Argus C "Brick"

<p>Classic Argus C from 1938 sold for a record $504.99(USD) on the Big Auction Site. It included original lens cap and beautiful molded paperboard box with art deco graphics and fonts! The obvious reason, it has the rare slow speed switch, I having never seen this model, quite rare. I'm really not totally surprised at the price.</p>

<p>The only one I see is not yet sold, but the "buy-it-now" price might be reasonable enough, if it does have the original box and other traits beloved of collectors. It will take a "special" buyer, take that as you will.</p>

<p>Many ask high prices, but as we all know, asking prices are <em><strong>not</strong></em> selling prices.</p>

<p>The C really is a significant camera in the history of popular photography.<br /> You can download <strong><em>35mm for the Proletariat</em></strong> at http://TheArgusA.com/ which is a discussion of the Argus A/A2, but the title is even more descriptive of the C models, especially the later C3, at least for me.<br /> Would 35mm Kodachrome have been a success with only the Leica and Contaxes to buy at then astronomical prices? Maybe, but these "peoples' cameras" meant a lot more 35mm users.</p>

<p>Some forums apparently have their own rules -- some of which are implemented in software -- making it impossible to post certain links - such as to the Hypnoken, certain rumor sites, and eBay. Even certain phrases such as "W the eff" in letters are not allowed.<br /> I've never been able to figure it out, but other forums seem cool with all kinds of links and hi-jinx.<br /> W tee eff, I suppose. :)</p>

<p>Regardless of any software restrictions, it is, of course, extremely infra dig to post a link to something you are personally trying to sell.</p>