Buying film on eBay from Asia

<p>Hello,<br>

Occasionally I buy film on eBay. From time to time I come across some very good deals but the sellers are usually in Hong Kong, Thailand, or other regions of South-East Asia. This might be a naive questions but could it be possible that there are film knock-offs that originate in Asia (or anywhere else in the world) and are being sold on the web? Based on some basic economic rationale I find it hard to invest in production of knock-off film given constantly shrinking film market, but one never knows. I'm just curious if anyone had any experience of knowledge of any such activities going on around the world.<br>

Thanks</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>I've bought from several sellers in Hong Kong, Taiwan & elsewhere in Asia, all through ebay. The only problem I had was with one seller who sent me slightly outdated film. As it was only 5 rolls I didn't bother to return them but I commented in my feedback.<br>

<br />The following I can recommend (& all the film sent by these was indate) - I give their ebay names:-<br>

<br />cliffchuk - is in Hong Kong, has some films rarely seen in the west<br>

<br />isaac.chen - is in Taiwan - his ebay shop is called Black White & Silver, sells Shanghai GP3 rollfilm & sheet film & Lucky sheet film. Used to sell Era 35mm film but that seems to be no longer in production.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I've had several orders (to the UK) from "Films Festival" in Thailand (advertises on Ebay) with no problems at all...quick delivery and well-dated films. And a good range available.<br>

In theory imported packets could be charged tax by UK Customs (20%!), but my relatively small orders have not been charged (so far!).</p>