<p><em>a misguided attempt" &"ugliest".</em><br /> <em>There's always one who just has to jump in to gratuitously put down others people's prefered film. Similar to chiming in on a discussion of a music band to tell the partcipants how crappy the band is and that they are some other band wannabes.</em><br /> <br /> Gratuitous? Used it, hated it, live with it, OK? It's dead anyway, John. <em>That's</em> a fact, bro.<em><br /></em></p>

<p>Okay the last Popular Photography that I saved from 12/97 does not list it from the big guys like B&H,Adorama,The Film Shop.At that point in time the Kodak nonpro slide films were Elite II versions (EA,EB,ET,ED,EL).The Pro Ektachromes were (EPR,EPY,E100s,E100sw,EPP,EPN,EPT,EPD,EPJ,EPL,ESD).<br>

I believe it came out a little later and was a pumped version of Elite II nonpro to compete with the wildly popular Fuji saturated films. <br>

Looking at this issue I was very surprised how popular digital had already become.I guess I was living in lala land!I was shooting Canon F1N's and FDn lenses at the time and still had not even purchased a auto focus film camera yet........I have a little of everything today but still am shooting my F1N most of the time with Elitechrome.Yeah,I'm stuck in the past.</p>

<p>Douglas,</p>

<p>Me too I shot neg and slide into 2002 and resisted the change all the way. In my last year I dual mounted a Canon T-70 and a Canon D-10 together on several events and rigged a dual shutter button so I could do a side by side comparison of the same image from each camera. After that I never looked back and have shot digital since.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote>

<p>Yeah,I'm stuck in the past.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>No Douglas, you’re wrong. You’re stuck in photography and it’s timeless.</p>

<p>Kodak EBX never was my favorite emulsion but it is a fine film. (well if C Watson hates it let him live with his hate). As it was previously mentioned EBX is a consumer version of Ektachrome 100VS. My biggest disappointment about these films is a grain size. RMS 11 a bit coarse for ISO100. I have 1998 B&H catalog and EBX is not listed there. Also I have 1997 Practical Photography Digest with 97 Films tested and Compared and EBX wasn’t there either. I believe that EBX appeared at same time as 100VS, around 1999. And predecessors of EBX I guess would be Ektachrome Lumiere (LPP-100) or Ektachrome Panther 100X. To my memory I didn’t like them due to quite strong, overpowered red bias. The EBX (or 100VS) has much better and pleasant colors.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I know that you could buy Elite Chrome Extra Color 100 up until at least May of 2012, when I bought a bunch from B&H Photo in NY. Even at that time, their stock was dwindling. A couple weeks later it was all gone. The rolls in my freezer have an expiration of August 2013.<br>

It actually is a great film...very sharp and renders blues and oranges extremely well in natural light. I went to the Biltmore in Asheville, NC for New Years and the slides turned out very well, even ones taken at dusk and of the sunsets.<br>

Someone in this thread mentioned film effects on digital cameras. I know there are at least a couple Kodak branded cameras (I have the Z990) that have this feature. They actually turn out really cool!</p>